In the 4th quarter of 2018, The CCAC Burnham Council hosted a Sprint focused on creating a vision for the development of multiple sites along the Chicago River. The teams were directed to integrate ideas inspired by equity, resiliency, and connectivity. In addition, the teams also addressed issues including job creation, real estate investment, transit connectivity, land use and open space planning, housing, and environmental improvement.
Thank you to Tiara Hughes, Senior Urban Designer, Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP, for producing a video encapsulating the Sprint.
To recap the Sprint in it’s entirety:
- Thursday, September 20, 2018: Our teams met at the office of Perkins+Will for the introduction, opening panel featuring River experts, and a stakeholder dinner.
- Friday, September 28, 2018: Additional stakeholder interviews were held at Perkins+Will, followed by team breakout working sessions, and concluded with a working dinner. CCAC team members heard presentations from experts within the housing, community & economic development, and transportation industry.
- Friday, October 5, 2018: The teams presented their visions to our audience during the “Reveal and Reception hosted at Perkins+Will.
- CCAC would like to thank the Sprint Organizers: Andrew Broderick, Perkins+Will and Aaron Spiering, JGMA.
We would also like to thank the Sprint Planning Committee: Marisa Doherty, The Habitat Company, Katie Martin, BatesForum, and Kerrie Mistry, Lothan Van Hook Destefano Architecture.
Special thank you to our 2018 Sprint Sponsors for their support of our signature event. Thank you to:
- Gina Berndt, Managing Director, Perkins+Will
- Christine Carlyle, Principal & Director of Planning,Solomon Cordwell Buenz
- Stacey Meekins, Principal & Director of Transportation Planning, Sam Schwartz Engineering
- Tyler Meyr, Principal, BatesForum
- and Lluís Sererols, Chief of Staff, Chicago Skyway.
CCAC is thankful to all who made this event a success including CCAC members, stakeholders, sponsors and participants.
For more information, please contact Executive Director, Kelly O’Brien, email@example.com.